There is a vast growth in the technology these days. Mobile apps have gained a lot of popularity and with the use of artificial intelligence and robotics, these apps are helping people manage their day to day tasks with much more efficiency. Gone are the days when mobiles were used for messaging and phone calls only. Many apps can be downloaded these days that serve multiple purposes of payments, health, business, banking, commerce, etc. Mobile phones are also the super gadgets that provide security. All the phones have GPS trackers that keep a check on your location. geolocalisation telephone tracking system has become modernized by using the mobile tower triangulation technology. Browse in.pcmag.com/apps/85344/feature/the-best-mobile-security-appsto get an insight into the best security apps for mobiles. Though this tracking system is proven to be crucial in emergency situations, there is a debate on the topic of privacy. Some people do not like the mobile companies to invade their personal lives. There is no guarantee that our data is secured. Misuse of information can cause a lot of issues.
1) Privacy is the main drawback of mobile tracking systems. Using the geographic location is an interruption of the confidentiality of the user.
2) Mobile companies can misuse the personal data of their customers and can invade into their private lives too.
3) The mobile companies can sell your personal information to the third parties without your knowledge. The anonymity of data is doubtful.
4) Even though the users can disable some tracking apps, it is still in the hands of mobile service providers and emergency services to protect the privacy of your data and information.
1) Parents can monitor their children by keeping an eye on them by using the mobile tracking system. All the modern phones have the software installed on them that sends the location details time to time to the central server using the mobile data. Using the online service, parents can see the current location of the children and their previous whereabouts too.
2) You can track the locations of your friends and family members too. This will help in maintaining both social and official relations. Some apps can be downloaded which show the dots on the maps that represent your friends and family. You can spot each other in unknown or crowded places.
3) Every phone has a GPS receiver, and by combining this data with the location provided by the mobile operator by the position of the phone concerning the nearest tower, the person’s location can be found. This comes handy when the person is not in a conscious state so that he/she can be rescued. On the run criminals can also be tracked this way.
4) In offices, the management can handover phones embedded with tracking system to find out the location of their employees to know whether they are on duty or not.
5) The tracking system can be combined with warning system too like issuing warnings while over speeding etc.
Hence, it can be safely concluded that though there are both advantages and disadvantages to mobile tracking systems, if used carefully, it can be really beneficial to all.